To apply for a VIP Distinction it is required to have been regular G.P.U. member for at least 1 year, or have paid a new membership for 3 years!
RULES for G.P.U. VIPs (Very Important Photos)
GPU's system for VIPs (Very Important Photos) is based on PHOTOS awarded as TOP PRIZE.
Unlike the system for CROWNs, the procedure for VIP distinctions does not attribute a score automatically. Indeed, it also provides an evaluation of the prizes submitted by a special committee.
GPU VIP 1: 5 DIFFERENT top prize photos
GPU VIP 2: 10 DIFFERENT top prize photos
GPU VIP 3: 20 DIFFERENT top prize photos
GPU VIP 4: 30 DIFFERENT top prize photos
GPU VIP 5: 50 DIFFERENT top prize photos
It is permitted to apply straight to any VIP level, by paying all the corresponding fees.
DEFINITION OF “TOP PRIZE”
The awards eligible for VIPs are the 1st prize, Best Work of Salon, Best Author in international competitions of any patronage and year. If a Photo Salon consists of different categories, is eligible the first prize for each category, too. The special prizes are not valid. Neither the Gold Medals, when they are not the first prize of the Salon or of one category in which the Photo Salon is articulated; nor the one judge’s choices.
It will also be possible to submit a photo awarded at the top worldwide renowed exhibitions (i.e. World Press Photo, BBC Widlife Photographer of the Year, SONY Awards, Travel Photographer of the Year, IPA Contest, etc.), even if it was not a first prize. In these case, GPU will decide at his own discretion about its validity or not for VIPs.
- Download the last version of the xls form (the same as for Crowns)
- Fill the “Check-list & rules” sheet and the “page A” sheet with personal datas
- List the titles of the photos in the sheet “VIP” indicating for each one the most important “top prize” obtained. In case of doubt, it is permitted to list up to 3 awards/each photo, in order to facilitate a better evaluation by the judging committee
- Save the xls application form and send it to the distinctions officer. Mail to: email@example.com
Together with the xls form, it is necessary to attach also:
- the proof (jpg or PDF) of payment of the fee
- the proofs of the evidence (jpg or PDF) of the prizes listed in the form, containing the pages of the catalogues scanned, or the link to the URL of the official catalogue. The report card, instead, is not accepted as a valid proof
- the photos listed in the form (jpg, low resolution, maximum 200 kb)
If the attachments are larger than 6 Mb in total, it is possible to split them into multiple emails, or use either the wetransfer.com service or a personal drop-box account
- After the documentation has been checked and approved, the distinction officer will ask the applicant to send the same photos in large size (jpg, high resolution, at least 2400pixel, 300dpi).
The images will be used for promoting GPU, by displaying them in slide-shows, catalogues and exhibitions with non-profit purpose. It is intended that the applicant consents to the utilize of his photos by GPU for non-profit purposes.
Costs: the cost per VIP is 30€ each level, plus 5€ for postage and must be paid before submitting the application form.
The payment can be done in one of 2 ways:
A. by Electronic Bank Transfer (preferred method) for the full amount. Bank: KBC; IBAN: BE92 7340 2604 5923 BIC: KREDBEBB quoting “VIP” and the level applied for.